September 8, 2015 at 7:44 pm #44113
I am sorry to ask this but I set up all the settings but I cant figure out how to add “filters” on:
- home: http://joblistingusa.com/
- job search: http://joblistingusa.com/jobs-map/
- resume search: http://joblistingusa.com/resumes-map/#s=1
2. How to add as well the “my location” button?
Please let me know if you could help. I didnt find it in the documentation. Do I have to add shortcodes? should it be automated? Please describe.
Rgds,September 11, 2015 at 10:20 pm #44345September 14, 2015 at 12:32 am #44431
To apply the geolocation features to your Jobs pages you need to add the shortcode attribute gjm_use=”2″ to the [jobs] shortcode ( ex. [jobs gjm_use=”2″] ). It is mentioned in the documentation as well as in the GEO settings page in the admin.
When using the “Jobs + map” template files provided by jobify theme you don’t have access to the [jobs] shortcode since it is in the template file itself and not in the content area of the page.
You will need to create a new page and set its template to “default template”. Then in the content are enter the shortcode [jobs gjm_use=”2″]. Then you should see the jobs form with the geolocation features in it.
Let me know if you have any other questions.September 14, 2015 at 4:24 pm #44505September 15, 2015 at 12:55 am #44520
1) Looks like with Jobify theme installed the “Jobs” page is using a template file by default. Thats why no matter what you enter in the content area it will not show in the page. You can see the filters in a new page I created .
2) The usage information is in Job Listings -> settings -> GEO Search form tab.
3) It is not possible out of the box. Same as with the Jobs page the home page as well is using a custom template file. You will need to create a custom home page where you will be able to enter the shortcode [jobs gjm_use=”2″].
4) TO have it working with resumes you will need the Resumes Geolocation add-on. And it works pretty much the same like Jobs Geolocation.
5) As describe in one, you need to create a new page with the default template.
6) I might add a video in the future when I get a free moment.
I see that all of your jobs are coming from “Indeed” and indeed jobs are not going to be filtered by location using GEO Job Manager add-on. They are not going to show on the map as well. That is because they are coming using a feed and do not have the required coordinates. Only jobs created in your website will work with GEO Job Manager filters.September 15, 2015 at 3:39 pm #44582September 15, 2015 at 3:51 pm #44584This reply has been marked as private.
The topic ‘Add filters’ is closed to new replies.