October 29, 2016 at 5:15 pm #55076
Is it possible to edit the “Set your location” form?
I want to have only town and postcode so that users don’t think they need all of their address. And if I remove that, would auto location still fill in just town and post code?
Thanks in advanceOctober 30, 2016 at 6:25 pm #55086
Unfortunately, There is no way at the moment to remove any of the address field. The only solution at the moment would be to hide the fields that you don’t want to show using CSS display:none.
GEO my WP version 3.0 will come with an easier way to modify the location form. But it is still under development.October 30, 2016 at 6:31 pm #55087
Another option is to use the Xprofile Fields extension. Using the extension you can use BuddyPress xprofile field to allow members to update their location. So this way you can create 2 xprofile fields for Zipcode and town and sync them with GEO my WP. You can also hide the Location tab so members will have to use the profile page in order to update their location. Moreover, members will be able to add their location during registration ( if using the native BuddyPress registration process and not a custom form ).
I hope that helps.October 31, 2016 at 9:41 pm #55106
Thanks Eyal, that’s great.
I purchased the plugin but it is not doing what I expected and I want to see if I am doing it wrong.
I have added the fields in profile and mapped them to the address fields in the plugin settings and hidden the location tab. So far so good. But I have couple of questions.
1) Is it possible to have the profile fields linked to google maps so that as I type the country it appears, same with city and post code, like your main core plugin does?
2) Does the main core search location work with this as I can’t seem to make it do so.
3) I have manually changed address using the new profile fields but the search is still looking at the “location” address rather then the manually set one.
Your help is much appreciated.
Many thanksNovember 2, 2016 at 2:54 pm #55119
Hello gf80 and thank you for the purchase.
1) The address autocomplete does not work with the separate address fields ( city, zipcode, country… ). It will only work when using a single address field as the full address. So if you’d change the Xprofile Fields settings to full address and have it synced with a full address profile field, the address autocomplete will then work.
2) Do you mean, if GEO my WP’s members search form will search and find members that entered their location via the profile fields? than yes, it should work.
3) Do you mean that when updating the address in the profile field it is not being updated in GEO my WP database?
Can you provide a link to the live site?
Thanks,November 10, 2016 at 6:03 am #55184This reply has been marked as private.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.