Forum: Nearby Posts

This forum is closed for new topics. However, you can still search for a solution in the old topics. For technical support related to the Nearby Posts premium extension please open a new premium support ticket.

[Resolved]French / English – Bilingual setup

Forums Nearby Posts French / English – Bilingual setup

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #38469
    anticosti
    Member

    Trying to setup the basic Posts Locator Using on a bilingual setup (French / English). What’s Pretty weird — and I can’t find a solution — is: that even if I browse my site in English, all information shown by Geo MyWP is in French.

    I deleted the plugin;
    Reinstalled it;
    Still the same 🙁
    Everything will only show in French.

    I’m really puzzled.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Yves

    #38525

    Hi,
    How exactly do you set it to be bilingual?

    #38535
    anticosti
    Member

    Hey! Thanks Eyal for Checking in 😉
    I am setup like this:

    qTranslate (Manage Languages)
    wp-admin/options-general.php?page=qtranslate-x

    Loco Translate (Manage Translations)
    wp-admin/admin.php?page=loco-translate

    This setup works with 99% of the plugins I use.
    But for some reason… that I just can’t pinpoint…?
    Is there something I just can’t see? 😉

    Kind Regards,

    Yves

    #38579
    anticosti
    Member

    I made some progress.
    There seems to be a problem with the French Files :
    GMW-fr_FR.mo
    GMW-fr_FR.po

    When I remove these, then I can get the English version to work fine.
    Let’s see if I can pinpoint something in there…

    Cheers,

    Yves

    #38587
    anticosti
    Member

    Confirmed:
    For me there was a problem with the French translations files:
    GMW-fr_FR.mo
    GMW-fr_FR.po

    I completely deleted these two files;
    Refreshed the Frontend;
    All is behaving as supposed for English.

    With Loco Translate, I started on my own translating to French (fr_FR) only the Frontend strings I need.
    So far, all behaves OK. 🙂

    Kind Regards,

    Yves

    #38590
    anticosti
    Member

    No. I was wrong.
    I am encountering again the same issue.
    It is something else. ????
    Puzzled …

    #38591
    anticosti
    Member

    Procedure to recreate:
    01. delete all language files from geo-my-wp/languages;
    02. Browsing the site in English, all geo-my-wp data is presented with English:
    Address: The address here
    Phone: 000-111-1111
    Fax: 000-111-1111
    Email: info@testdomain.com
    Website: testdomain.com
    Get Directions

    So far so good for my English Website version

    03. Move in geo-my-wp/languages my previously created localization:
    GMW-fr_FR.mo
    GMW-fr_FR.po
    Result: Browsing the site again in English, all geo-my-wp data is presented with French:
    Adresse: The address here
    Téléphone: 000-111-1111
    Fax: 000-111-1111
    Courriel: info@testdomain.com
    Site Web: testdomain.com
    Obtenir l’itinéraire

    Puzzled ???

    #38652

    Hello Anticosti,
    I am not sure at the moment but maybe for some reason GEO my WP is not compatible with qTranslate plugin.

    Once I am done with the version of GEO my WP that I am currently working on I will test the qTranslate plugin.

    Meanwhile I advice you to contact the developer of qTranslate plugin and describe him the issue. He might be able to give an advice or he might know what causes the conflict.

    #38684
    anticosti
    Member

    Hi Eyal,
    I’ll see what I can find on qTranslate side.
    Will let you know when I find something…
    Take care 😉

    Yves

    #39723
    anticosti
    Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    #39891
    anticosti
    Member

    Hi Eyal 🙂 !!!

    I applied this fix that John Clause (qTranslate Team) kindly suggested and it works 🙂

    File:
    /wp-content/plugins/geo-my-wp\geo-my-wp.php
    change the line at the end like this:

    //GMW();
    add_action(‘plugins_loaded’, ‘GMW’);

    The initialization of the strings in trouble must happen after the language is detected and set. Action ‘plugins_loaded’ is the one where WP recommends to call load_plugin_textdomain. In theory…

    I can confirm, It works !!!

    Cheers,

    Yves

    #39896

    Hi Yves,
    Please thank John Clause for me for providing you with a fix :).
    I apologize I am not very responsive at the moment but I am out of the country with limited internet access.

    I am glad the fix is workgin for you at the moment. I will provide an official fix in the next release of the plugin.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.